• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Nose hurts

ChronicHD

Bluelighter
It's been about a week since I snorted anything (coke, xanex, a little molly) and my left nostril is really starting to bug me. The day after my little binge I took a hit of lsd. It took about a day for the pain in my nostril to mainfest but now it seems like it wont go away.

It there anything I can do to relieve this pain? (snorting water, etc.)

Notes: I switch nostrils regularly to avoid this problem. And I snorted probably only a gram over a couple hours.

Thanks

Not to state the obvious, but stop snorting unless you want the pain and condition of your nostrils and sinuses to worsen.

Your nose doesn't like powders to go up it, it's not natural. Using a water bump to clear the residual powder out of the cavity is a good idea, but beyond that I doubt it would do much.

Use a neti pot with warm saline solution, not just plain water, to flush out your nose.

Don't use any nose sprays, because they're physically addictive and have nasty rebound effects. Steroid sprays impair wound healing.

I think you're just going to have to stop snorting anything until your nose heals up, though.

Your nostril may have been scratched/irritated and then infected (if the pain is lasting for more than a few days and you haven't been snorting anything). Is it swelling up?

Do what MDAO suggests, or take a swim in the ocean and try to get some water in and blow it out-- this worked well for me when my nose was wounded. If you feel it is swelling, see a doctor. This is not a good place to harbor an infection.

Don't snort xanax. There is no reason to snort it. Snorting cocaine chronically will lead to issues down the road.

MDA/MDMA can be taken orally just as well.

Try not snorting drugs.

If you have any antibiotic cream (or, failing that, antiseptic), put some on a cotton bud and inside the nose cavity. You probably have a small cut/wound that got infected...

Thanks for the advice, the saltwater idea burned but worked well.

About what the mod said, are there adverse side effects (other than the obvious) to snorting xanex that I should know about? Cause a lot of my friends and I are into that but if it's that much harder on my nose I'm going to stop.

Really looking forward to spring break next week, but my nose isn't.